Moviri Consulting is the first company of Moviri and its foundation. Moviri’s professionals use data, software, and insights to solve substantial business challenges for Fortune 500 corporations, multinational banks, global media conglomerates and some of the most respected brands in a variety of industries. The Moviri Consulting Performance Engineering team optimizes performance of IT systems to make them responsive, infinitely scalable, reliable, resilient and cost-effective.
A Junior Performance Engineer is an IT enthusiast who desires to challenge himself/herself in complex technological fields, both at national and international level. Moviri Performance Engineers are team members from day-one, as they participate with a positive and analytical approach to the achievement of project goals, increasing their experience and flexibility within different IT domains and developing project, team and client management skills. In doing so, they provide and receive constant and spontaneous support from colleagues who share their same approach to IT, innovation, quality, and results. The consulting activities are primarily performed at our clients who are amongst the major international companies in different sectors (Finance, Telco, PA and international groups). Our IT Consultants are able to manage projects of medium complexity, including software engineering project, also enforcing and managing the support provided by strategic partners such as Dynatrace, Neotys, Splunk, BMC, Turbonomic, Cloudera and dealing with the whole set of IT technology, from the most recent one, such as Kubernetes, Docker, service meshes and so on to the biggest consolidated technologies for the financial sector in the world and many others. A Performance Engineer will help customers implement technologies and processes for the performance optimization of IT systems, defining the capacity planning strategy, measuring the digital user experience, working in DevOps&CI/CD methodology, addressing the latest technology trends such as cloud, microservices, service mesh.
Full-time position at the Milan Office.
- Work with the project management and delivery team to meet and exceed customer expectations in Performance Engineering projects;
- Support customers in the adoption, installation, and initial configuration of Performance Engineering solutions, according to vendor’s best practices;
- Design, build, and validate add-on for the adopted Performance Engineering solution to extend the tool’s capabilities, aligning to customer’s internal processes;
- Conduct performance and capacity optimization analysis and studies to improve IT systems effectiveness;
- Align project management team with status updates regarding ongoing project activities;
- Effectively communicate with customers and colleagues to describe adopted solutions and practices;
- Constantly learn and be open to quickly master new technologies and new performance engineering challenges.
- Master’s Degree in IT Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Math, Physics;
- At least 1/3 years of previous professional experience in a similar position;
- Professional services/consulting experience in enterprise customer is also a plus;
- Basic knowledge of Enterprise IT architectures (networks, operating systems, middleware, databases);
- Techniques for data analytics and data engineering (on SQL and/or NOSQL technologies);
- Knowledge or certifications in one or more of the most common performance engineering tools, commercial and open-source (Dynatrace, Splunk, LoadRunner, BMC TSCO, Neoload, Cloudera, CheckMK, ELK Stack, TICK Stack, Nagios, Zabbix,… ) is a plus;
- Foundation of software engineering;
- Solid knowledge of at least 1 programming language (Python and Java are preferred);
- Familiarity with OS system administration (Unix is preferred);
- Basic Knowledge of Machine Learning fundamentals is a plus;
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
- Strive for continuous improvement by going out of comfort zone in hard and soft skills and by applying them in enterprise customers’ contexts;
- Attitude to put new ideas into practice;
- Customer orientation;
- Goal-driven attitude;
- Learning and collaborating with colleagues and contributing to the ongoing knowledge base;
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken;
- Availability to travel is a strong requirement.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary package;
- Yearly performance bonus;
- Per-diem allowance for out of office assignments;
- Meal vouchers;
- Welfare program to pay for public transportation, cinemas, gym, Amazon vouchers and more;
- Integrative health insurance;
- Lenovo, MacBook Pro or Surface Pro laptop and latest generation smartphone;
- Continuous learning and training: O’Reilly Safari library, professional certifications, meetups, conferences & tradeshows;
- Terrace beer happy hour every Friday;
- Annual offsite company meeting.