Moviri Consulting is the first company of Moviri and its foundation. Moviri’s professionals use data, software, and insights to solve substantial business challenges for Fortune 500 corporations, multinational banks, global media conglomerates and some of the most respected brands in a variety of industries. The Moviri Consulting Performance Engineering team optimizes performance of IT systems to make them responsive, infinitely scalable, reliable, resilient and cost-effective.
A Performance Engineer helps customers implement technologies and processes for the performance optimization of IT systems. This goal is achieved by playing an important role in defining a capacity planning strategy, measuring the digital user experience and enhancing the DevOps& CI/CD methodology while always addressing and studying new technology trends: a Moviri Consultant is always looking to learn something new! You will be involved in projects spanning from software engineering to the design and implementation of adoption strategies for strategic partnering technologies (such as Dynatrace, Neotys, Splunk, BMC, Turbonomic, Cloudera) while enjoying our casual working environment.
Full-time position at the Boston Office.
- Work with the project management and delivery team to meet and exceed customer expectations in Performance Engineering projects;
- Support customers in the adoption, installation, and initial configuration of Performance Engineering solutions, according to vendor’s best practices;
- Design, build, and validate add-on for the adopted Performance Engineering solution to extend the tool’s capabilities, aligning to customer’s internal processes;
- Conduct performance and capacity optimization analysis and studies to improve IT systems effectiveness;
- Align project management team with status updates regarding ongoing project activities;
- Effectively communicate with customers and colleagues to describe adopted solutions and practices;
- Constantly learn and be open to quickly master new technologies and new performance engineering challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT Engineering, Computer Science, Telecommunications Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Maths, Physics;
- Foundation of software engineering;
- Foundation of IT architecture;
- Foundation of techniques for data analytics and data engineering (SQL and/or NOSQL);
- Solid knowledge of at least one programming language (Python and Java are preferred);
- Knowledge of Machine Learning topics is preferred;
- Eagerness to extend knowledge of IT performance management best practices;
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills;
- Passion to learn new technologies and to apply these concepts to customer needs;
- Good attitude and motivation to put new ideas into practice;
- Strive for continuous improvement by going out of comfort zone;
- Willing to travel is a strong requirement;
- No previous professional experience is required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Salaries;
- Medical Insurance: Tufts HMO, Tufts High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with HSA, Aetna;
- Dental Insurance: Metlife PDP plus Network;
- Vision Insurance: Superior Vision;
- Life Insurance;
- Short and Long Term Disability Benefits;
- Critical Illness and Accident Insurance;
- Flexible Spending/Transit Benefits;
- Health Advocate/Employee Assistance Program;
- Legal Protection Benefits;
- Employee Discount Programs;
- Annual Offsite Company Meeting.