With virtualization, on-premise, public and hybrid clouds, optimizing IT stacks to maximize their performance has become an increasingly complex task, involving hundreds of parameters and billions of permutations. Akamas redefines IT performance optimization thanks to AI, automation, and domain expertise developed by working with some of the most demanding enterprise customers, achieving unprecedented levels of performance, efficiency, and cost savings.
Akamas is a company of Moviri, a global software and professional services leader with long-standing relationships with hundreds of enterprise customers worldwide. Founded in 2000, Moviri is today a multinational technology group with offices in Milan, Boston, Los Angeles, and Singapore.
Akamas is looking for hardworking technologists to join our organization to ensure that our growth is grounded and guided by a strong technical alignment between our solution and our customer’s needs. Akamas Pre-Sales Engineers are responsible for supporting our customers and users to craft and deliver reliable, efficient, and scalable systems using our solution for Autonomous Performance Optimization.
- You will work with senior management, sales reps, channel, and technology partners to present and demo the product, gather customer’s business needs and technical requirements;
- You will support the customer journey from understanding the product, through evaluation, playing a key role in closing deals and driving the business forward;
- You will support the engineering team suggesting and identifying new product features and capabilities based on field experience and customer feedback;
- You will work with the marketing team presenting Akamas and manning booths at conferences and contributing to the creation of marketing content;
- You’ll become a trusted advisor to a wide range of companies from startups to the world’s largest enterprise IT organizations;
- You will be part of a strong worldwide performance engineering and SRE community contributing to create awareness about performance engineering and its trends.
Working within the Akamas team, you will have the opportunity to grow with us and make an impact. Our team is made of smart, highly skilled, and motivated entrepreneurs, software architects, software developers, and performer engineers with a sense of purpose and integrity and a relentless pursuit of excellence.
- Lead compelling product presentations and demos;
- Support the sales team through the sale cycle leading technical discoveries, presentations, demos, proof of concepts, solution design, and supporting the business case development across several opportunities in parallel;
- Exercise creativity and business acumen in designing proposals, use case solutions and services to meet client needs;
- Partner with sales team members and executives to articulate the Akamas business value proposition, the vision, and the strategy;
- Act as a liaison, collecting feedback from the field to relay back to the product management team;
- Help drive demand through the participation in both industry-known trade shows and account-based marketing events;
- Demonstrate resilience and sound judgment in dealing with business challenges;
- Proactively seek opportunities to support and mentor other sales engineer team and partners’ members and share standard methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree in STEM area;
- 3+ years of pre-sales/sales engineering experience working with enterprise software;
- Strong knowledge of Linux, scripting, and debugging;
- Familiarity with modern architecture and technologies and their trends;
- Eager to learn and experiment with new technologies and products/tools;
- Passionate about technology innovation, and market education;
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication;
- Problem-solving approach with analytical and critical thinking to identify, assess, and address a variety of evolving challenges;
- Available to travel worldwide for up to 50% of your time;
- Solid understanding of performance test practice and direct experience in performance test creation, execution, and analysis. Knowledge of the most adopted test tools (Loadrunner, Neoload, JMeter, etc) is a plus;
- Solid understanding of SRE/observability/APM/monitoring discipline. Knowledge of the most adopted observability/APM/monitoring tools (Dynatrace, AppDynamics, Prometheus, Splunk, ELK, etc) is a plus.
Things we love:
- Passionate about growing your career in the largest market in software;
- Previous Sales Methodology training (e.g. MEDDIC, SPIN, Challenger Sales).
What we look for:
Passion. Staying ahead of the curve, solving tough problems. That’s hard to do without a genuine passion for technology and conviction in your ideas.
Curiosity. We aim to solve hard business problems, using the latest technology and research. Curiosity is key in providing a fresh perspective and generating new approaches.
Drive. You will be asked to drive complex tasks from start to finish and carry your colleagues along, sometimes in areas where you have limited experience.
Humbleness. No one is right 100% of the time. While we have internationally recognized experts on our team, we like to stay humble, listen and learn.
What we offer:
Outstanding peers. We hire some of the most talented graduates from top universities and recognized industry experts with an impressive professional track record.
Professional growth. We offer technical and managerial growth paths across our group’s companies and promote based on performance, regardless of age or seniority.
Global opportunities. We are a global multinational, with offices in Italy, United States, and Singapore and customers in 45+ countries across the world.
Startup environment. With over 250 people in the group and a 20-year history, we combine the youthfulness and agility of a startup with the solidity of an established company.
Dynamic workplace. We invest in dynamic working spaces, productivity software, and digital tools to collaborate, share ideas and get things done.
Compensation & benefits
- Competitive salaries;
- Medical Insurance: Tufts HMO, Tufts High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) with HSA, Aetna;
- Dental Insurance: Metlife PDP plus Network;
- Vision Insurance: Superior Vision;
- Life Insurance;
- Short and long term disability benefits;
- Critical illness and accident Insurance;
- Flexible spending/transit benefits;
- Health advocate/employee assistance program;
- Legal protection benefits;
- Employee discount programs;
- Annual offsite company meeting.